Saturday, September 3, 2011

The one that got away ... come on every now and then she comes to mind

One of my problems is I try to do the right thing and doing the right is the right thing, but sometimes it can put you in situations. In life you learn things and experience teaches you lessons, sometimes harsh lessons, put what is done is done so crying over spilled milk is rather useless.

But every now and then you think about her or maybe him? Maybe it's a fleeting thought or a real regret, especially when things turn out to be crappy. Well before I served my more-than-decade marriage with the witch, there was someone else I had an interest in but she was seeing someone else so I did nothing. We had one conversation but I was trying to do the right thing and I think I misread what she was saying, so I basically said, naw i only see you as a friend. Bad choice. She married got a D and we talked again, miscommunication, and I made another horrible decision, horrible decision, rash decision, because I thought we would never have a chance together. So every now and then I think of what might have been and whether we would have, could have been happy. You know like in the movies where the person gets to see what would have happened if they had not been born, or not taken a particular turn, or not MARRIED that person, and you get this alternate reality.

Man, I wonder what life might have been with this person, would we have been happy or would I have effed it up? We would have had beautiful children and I think we would have been good for each other, I really do. Can it happen now? Hmmmm. Mannnn. That's a whole 'nother blog post, but I don't think she really knows my side and fully understands it. But if anybody got that alternate reality device, please call me. Or if you got a time machine, either one will do. And, by the way, thanks to the person who suggested I start this blog.

1 comment:

  1. You never know, if it's meant to be... it will be ever heard of Serendipity?

    ReplyDelete